Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Very Special Jade Pendant

Many months ago my sister-in-law sent me a jade piece that was very old and asked if I could do anything with it. It sat in a special box among all the beads and strands that I want to make into something special. But I had no idea what until recently when I attended the Miami Bead Fest and saw a strand of old jade in exactly the same shades, or at least I hoped so as I didn't have the pendant with me.
I have been using quite a bit of fused silver links with the PMC clasps I make and decided to try making an asymmetrical necklace with them. The result was pretty funky, so much so that my husband who doesn't ordinarily express too strong an opinion told me that Jennifer (his sister) would never wear it. He suggested to make it simpler and symmetrical. So much for my "arty" attempt, I redid it in a compromised style, and I even liked it better!

See if you agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love to hear your input!