Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sparkling New Year!


New year, new president, and now new beads... I am feeling very hopeful! I just received a delightful strand of lampwork beads from Carrie Hamilton of Edmonton, British Columbia. I have been collecting her wonderful beads for years now, and every time I get a new group I am amazed at their beauty and thrilled with the new possibilities they present. I couldn't possibly part with more than one at a time, and so use them as the focal centerpiece.



The one above is delicately veined with silver and has mauve, amethyst, amber tones. I love it combined with Czech fire-polished faceted mauve and raspberry beads.
In fact it was so inspiring that I went on to make more double strand bracelets.... soon to be in my Etsy shop!

Update - 2 bracelets are sold - ones on the right - green and mauve - I will be making more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love to hear your input!