Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ducklings Learn Fast!


We have ten new baby ducklings in our little ponds. Every year we get several of these families and count the ducklings as they grow up to see how many make it. Not that we're crazy about having Muscovy ducks around - the adults are rather ugly and very aggressive, and really litter our sidewalks. But the little guys are cute, and this latest batch seems to have picked up the trait of rushing to any person standing by the pond to see if there is any food for them. I am actually standing there with my dog and still from far across the pond, they see me and come running (or swimming, paddling(?) in this case). I never feed them as I feel it's wrong, they can get their natural food from the ponds.


Do you see them in the upper far left? Click on the picture to enlarge it.













Here they come!




I have to leave as my dog will bark at them, but they keep coming right to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love to hear your input!