Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall on My Mind


Recently I spent a week in Greenville, SC next door to this lovely garden. Aren't those great colors in the coleus plantings? But the best part was finding the lush square-foot vegetable garden behind them. It made me yearn for the wonderful vegetable garden we had on our half-acre in Huntington, NY. And for Fall in Huntington, too! September was the month of the big change in weather - drier, cooler air from the north almost always came in by mid month. Oh, I do miss that September a lot, so different from our living in south Florida where we look forward to November.


So, I started to dream fall colors again - my favorites.




I found a great little bead shop in Mauldin, SC (Panda's Crossing) and bought some fall colored strands of Czech glass beads. Then I combined them with pearls, horn beads and carnelian and one of my PMC silver pendants.



And I came up with this little toggle design from some lampwork glass that I got at the ISGB show in July. I use it with a fine silver oval, and like it as much as the fine silver pendant in front. I can wait for November I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love to hear your input!