Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to (simple) Basics!


Lampwork beads being very simply strung to make bracelets.  I just had to capture them in the sunlight this morning!   

When I was visiting my daughter (and grandson, who helped me stop and smell the roses), I noticed that she was wearing her pearl "stretchy" bracelets exclusively.  And she requested that I make her some more of them with beads she had purchased.  A busy mom, entrepreneur, and home remodeler as well as gardener, my daughter opts for the easiest and most comfortable jewelry in the mornings before she dashes out the door at 7:30 a.m.   

  My grandson Will.

I never considered the stretchy bracelet to be anything but a fad; however, my daughter took me to her favorite Talbot's store and showed me their numerous bracelets made that way, so there must be something to this easy on, easy off style. So, now I have been turning out the simplest of bracelets and having a grand time doing it, too!  

 For me, the lampwork glass beads by Ellen Dooley (left) and Dawn White (right).


For my daughter -  beach glass, silver, and pearls.

 And more pearls.  Hope she likes them!

1 comment:

Please comment - I love to hear your input!